At Alexander Daniels Global Limited (“AD Global”, “us” or “we”) we are committed to protecting your personal data. This Privacy & Cookie Notice explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. This Privacy & Cookie Notice applies to the personal data of our Website Users, Candidates, Clients, and other people.
This Privacy & Cookie Notice was published 24th of May 2018.
WHO WE ARE
AD Global is a recruitment consultancy. We introduce the world’s brightest candidates to some of the world’s leading additive manufacturing and emerging technology businesses. When we refer to candidates in this document, we are referring to individuals seeking employment with our clients. When we refer to clients we refer to the businesses we place candidates with.
We have offices in the United Kingdom, Spain and the United States, details of which you can find in the Contact Us section below.
WHOSE PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS AND WHY
In order to provide the best possible employment opportunities tailored to you (a candidate), we need to process certain information about you. We only store details that will genuinely help us to help you take that next step in your career. The data we process includes your contact details, CV and any information you provide to us whether by e-mail, other written documents, telephone, text and other messages and in meetings.
We will only process personal data for the purpose of sending you details of jobs you may be interested in, or putting you forward for jobs with our clients. We will never send your personal data or CV to a client without seeking your verbal or written authorisation first. For more information on how we collect data and our lawful basis for doing so, please see the next section below.
We collect and process the contact details and details of discussions with individuals who work for client businesses in order to communicate with them regarding our services and to deliver the best possible service. The personal data we collect includes names, telephone numbers email addresses, job titles and place of work.
We occasionally receive information from candidates or clients relating to other people. For example, a candidate may provide us with basic information about who they are and their relationship to the candidate, plus contact details. We only use this information for the specific purpose of helping candidates to find roles and not for any other purpose.
Our website allows candidates, clients and others to submit personal data to us and make enquiries via forms, links and e-mail addresses. The data we collect comprises the data that is given to us when the enquiry is submitted.
We collect a limited amount of data from our website users which we use to manage, monitor and improve our website and services. This includes information such as how you use our website, the frequency with which you access our website, your browser type, the location you view our website from, the language you choose to view it in and the times that our website is most popular. Please refer to our Cookie Notice for more information.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Candidate Data: We collect candidate personal data in the following ways:
- Personal data that you, the candidate, gives to us. There are several ways that you can share your information with us. These include:
- Submitting your personal data and CV via our Career Portal, registration forms, contact forms and e-mail addresses listed on this website.
- Emailing your CV to an AD Global consultant or being interviewed by them.
- Applying for jobs we advertise via LinkedIn and other internet outlets.
- Interacting with us in person, through correspondence, by phone, by social media, or through our websites.
- Personal data that we receive from other sources: we receive personal data about candidates from other sources in the following situations:
- The references you have informed us may disclose personal information about you.
- We may obtain information about you from searching for potential Candidate from third party sources, such as LinkedIn.
- Personal data we collect automatically: For more information please refer to our Cookie Notice further down on this page.
Client Data: We collect client personal data in three ways:
- directly from you:
- When you contact us proactively, by phone, through social media, email or via our website.
- Where we contact you, either by phone or email, or through our business development activities more generally.
- from other sources: we take a responsible approach in terms of getting to know our clients, their businesses and personnel needs by carrying out desk-based research of publicly available sources, such as client websites, market-research, articles, journals and discussions with industry contacts. This sometimes provides us with information about individuals as well as the business in question.
- Personal data we collect automatically: For more information please refer to our Cookie Notice further down on this page.
Other people: We collect data on referees from candidates when they seek employment through us. We may process other persons details who are referred to us e.g. via business contacts.
Data from website users: Aside from candidate and client interactions (see above), we collect data on website usage via Cookies. Please see the Cookie Notice below.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Candidate Data: we use your data in two ways:
- For recruitment activities: we use your data for our legitimate interests or based on consent, which you can read more about further down. These activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing you with our recruitment services.
- Assessing data about you and matching it with vacancies we think may be suitable for you.
- Send your information and CV to clients (in an anonymous way), in order to apply for jobs or to assess your eligibility for jobs with your prior consent.
- Carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between us.
- For Marketing Activities: we may send you information that we think you may find interesting, including new job opportunities. For more information about how we use your data for marketing activities, and to give and withdraw consent (which is in your right, at any time), please log in to our Career Portal and click ‘My Profile’
Client Data: we use client data in two ways:
- For recruitment activities: as our main area of work is recruitment we will need client data to facilitate our services. We will only use your data if it is necessary for our legitimate interests or based upon consent, which you can read more about further down. These activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Storing your details (and updating them when necessary) on our database, so that we can contact you in relation to recruitment activities.
- Keeping records of our communications with you, so that we can deliver our services effectively.
- For Marketing Activities: we may send you information regarding AD Global’s services, or other news or information relating to our work or your industry which you may find of interest.
Website users: we use your data to help us improve your experience of using our website, for example by analysing which pages you visit, through use of Google Analytics. If you would like to know more about what data we collect about you when you visit our website, please refer to our Cookie Notice further down on this page.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
For candidates, we will share your personal data with prospective employers, but only in circumstances where you have asked us to put you forward for a role. When we provide your personal data to a prospective employer, they are the data controller in terms of what they do with your data thereafter, meaning they are responsible for their compliance with your data protection rights, and AD Global remains responsible for our own compliance with your data protection rights.
Some of our prospective employers are based outside of the European Economic Area and so our transmitting your personal data to them may also result in your data leaving the European Economic Area. We will only do this with your prior authorisation.
For clients, we may share your personal data with candidates where this is necessary for the purposes of the recruitment process. For example, to inform candidates of who they will be working with or interviewed by.
For referees, we will only share your personal data with a prospective employer if the candidate has asked us to do so. We rely upon candidates to ensure that they only provide us with details of appropriate referees. When we provide your personal data to a prospective employer, they are the data controller in terms of what they do with your data thereafter, meaning they are responsible for their compliance with your data protection rights (including when based outside of the European Economic Area), and AD Global remains responsible for our own compliance with your data protection rights
AD Global also uses third party service providers to deliver certain IT, technology and similar services (for example, the hosting of this website, e-mail, storage and database systems and document productions services). Where this happens they do so in the capacity of ‘data processor’ on behalf of AD Global on terms which are compliant with the Law and which restrict their use of your personal data to that which is solely necessary in order for them to deliver services to us.
AD Global stores and processes personal data within the European Economic Area (EEA) wherever practicable.
AD Global may transfer your data outside of the European Economic Area, either to one of its suppliers, or to its sister-company in the United States of America, as part of our ordinary business activities set out above. Where AD Global transfers data out of the EEA to our suppliers or another AD Global company, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
As a global recruiter, we may share personal data with candidates or clients based outside of the EEA. Those persons are responsible for their own compliance with data protection legislation. We will not share personal data with them without prior authorisation.
Please contact us for further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your specific personal data out of the EEA.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS, AMEND OR TAKE BACK THE PERSONAL DATA THAT YOU HAVE GIVEN US?
Under certain circumstances, you may have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. If you are a data subject in the EU, this may include:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that AD Global holds about you
- The right to request that AD Global corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date
- Please note, if you are a candidate and you have registered a profile on our website, you may update your user profile by logging on and selecting “Edit Profile”
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for AD Global to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive marketing communications
- You can review and withdraw and change consent for marketing activities by logging on to your profile on our Career Portal
- The right to request that AD Global provides you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority. If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed, you may, in the first instance, contact AdminADG@alexanderdanielsglobal.com
If you reside in the EU, you will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA
Collecting personal data based on consents
The collection of personal data based on consent from the data subject will be done by using “Consent Forms” that will store documentation related to the consent given by the individual. Individual consents will always be stored and documented in our systems.
Collecting personal data based on contracts
We use personal information for fulfilling our obligations related to any contracts entered into with candidates.
Collecting personal data based on legitimate interest
We may use personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if the privacy interests of the data subjects do not override this interest. Normally, to establish the legal basis for data collection, an assessment has been made during which a mutual interest between AD Global and the individual person has been identified. This legal basis is primarily related to providing our recruitment services and marketing purposes.
For candidates: we think it is reasonable to expect that if you are looking for employment or have posted your professional CV information on a job board or professional networking site, you are happy for us to collect and otherwise use your personal data to offer or provide our recruitment services to you, share that information with prospective employers and assess your skills against our bank of vacancies. We want to provide you with tailored job recommendations and relevant articles to read to help you on your job hunt. We therefore think it is reasonable for us to process your data to make sure that we send you the most appropriate content.
For clients: to ensure we provide you with the best service possible, we store your personal data as well as keep records of our conversations, meetings, registered jobs and placements. We consider these uses of your data to be necessary for our legitimate interests as an organisation to provide you various recruitment services to you, as they are part of normal business-to-business communications and interactions.
People whose data we receive from candidates and staff, such as references: if you have been put down by a candidate as a reference, we will use your personal data in order to contact you for a reference. As this is a normal but important part of the recruitment process, we consider it necessary for our legitimate interests as an organisation offering recruitment services.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you would like to contact us regarding this Privacy & Cookie Notice or to exercise your data subject rights, our contact details are as follows:
© Alexander Daniels Global Limited (company number 09647368)
11 St Pauls Square
Phone: +44 (0)121 503 2170